All Vermont students are eligible to enter. Projects may be entered in the following categories:
- Grades K-2 (Class Projects)
- Grades 3-4 (Individual or Class Projects)
- Grades 5-6 (Individual or Class Projects)
- Grades 7-8 (Individual Projects)
- Grades 9-12 (Individual Projects)
Class projects must involve a majority of the students in that class. Individual projects involve one or two students only.
Projects must be pre-registered (online) to be accepted for competition, and an e-mail confirmation will be sent for each registration once payment is received. There is a limit of 6 projects per category per school.
During the judging, each project must be represented by 1 or 2 students whose names appear on the project.